Sunday 17 June 2012

Caudalíe Merlot Friction Scrub

I am forever on the hunt for a good scrub. Being somewhat cursed with slightly dry skin means I require an exfoliator that does exaclty what it says on the tin/tub/jar/bottle. So whilst sorting out through my things, I came across this little beauty, the Caudalíe Merlot Friction Scrub.



The website describes this scrub as "mint butter" which "tones and shapes up whilst energising, reducing tension, leaving your skin silky and firm". I thought this is exactly what I need! Needless to say, I was rather disappointed when I found, after several uses, that my skin was not silky. Nor was it energised or firm. And I'm not sure how I would detect a scrub's ability at reducing tension, but it definitely didn't do that (it more likely increased after I became so disappointed by it).



Compared to the other popular scrub by Caudalie, the Crushed Cabernet Scrub, this one is not very coarse and, as mentioned above, has more of a buttery texture. In fact, once it hits your damp skin, it melts. At this point I realised that I'm just covering my body in a minty-esque film that does nothing to improve my skin tone.



The only thing I like about the product is the jar. Yeah, that's about it. It's a nice jar - I'll definitely find a use for it in the kitchen! Aestheitics aside, this is not something I recommend especially when it costs £21.50 for 150g (£14.33 per 100g) that does absolutely nothing to improve tone and texture. Considering Caudalie is such a high end brand, I was really expecting it to work wonders - talk about a let down!

*sigh*

Guess the hunt continues...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...