Thursday 19 July 2012

L'Oréal Color Riche Nail Polish (207 Babydoll)

In my previous post I mentioned that I picked up three L'Oreal nail polishes and found there to be considerable differences between the three. Whilst the previous one was disappointing, this one performed miles better.

Babydoll is a lovely pale pink with a strong oyster/pearl finish. For this one I went for about 3 coats. With Rose Paradis I commented on the poor, uneven application. Babydoll definitely yields a more even application that's for sure. The only serious issue I had with the formula for this one is that it can appear a bit streaky (i.e. the lines of the brush show up a little) but this can be very common with metallic shades like this as it causes the brush strokes to show up more. I didn't find it so obvious so it actually didn't bother me as much.



Again, my complaint with the L'Oreal Color Riche nail polishes is their pricing point. They work out at £9.98 per 10ml which really puts it in league with brand like Nails Inc and Ciaté as opposed to its other drugstore rivals. Naturally, I'm then inclined to compare it to such brands and as such the formula isn't as great. Sure the drying time is pretty quick but for that price I would prefer a more opaque finish in a single coat.

Initially I wasn't such a fan of the shade, it looked a bit too pale on me but I received a lot of compliments on it. It's a very femine/girly shade - not so neutral as Rose Paradis - therefore it might go against certain styles of makeup/clothes. However I feel it's a shade you either love or hate.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...